Monday, September 20, 2010

Ten rules to abide by while Driving...

So, as I drive down the road some days it is more frustrating then others because people seriously need lessons on how to drive. Here are my ten rules any human can and should follow:

1. If you have a cell phone and you feel the need to talk on it while driving, shove that thing where the sun doesn't shine because you CAN'T pay attention to your surroundings while talking to Amber about the prom last night. I am guilty of this too, but I pay attention to the road while I am driving!

2. Cars were invented with turn signals... USE THEM. If you feel the need to cut someone off at least have the courtesy to use the turn signal. There is no reason to make me or any other driver on the road slam on the brakes because you feel the need to be a jackass.

3. The speed limit is there for a reason, if it says 55 mph, feel free to do 55 mph or maybe 10 over. Nobody likes to be on four lane road and get stuck behind someone going 10 under. It is annoying and time consuming.

4. For the love of everything holy, please do not tail gate me, I will slow down and go 20 until you get off my bumper. There is a reason my car has a sticker that says baby on board...

5. If you have kids in your car, put a seat belt on them. Most people think you look like a redneck if you allow your children to bounce around the car while you are driving, not to mention it is unsafe. One more thing about kids in cars, why are you smoking with little Jack in the car? Protect your valuable assets.

6. Get out of my blind spot! If you can't go around me at least get right next to me in case I have to get over. Accidents can be avoided by staying where other drivers can see you.

7. If you are passing me because I am driving a little slower than your liking, don't get in front of me and go the speed limit. Obviously you were in a hurry to get around me.

8. There are 10 feet between the yellow and white lines, if you cannot keep your car in between those lines, get off the road. Old people, this includes you too. If you take 30 seconds to turn and there is oncoming traffic coming at you, SPEED UP. Looking out the window and seeing a vehicle coming at me going 45 mph scares me!

9. Just because you are driving a Porsche doesn't mean you need to be a jerk and weave in and out of traffic. Nobody likes it, you do not look cool and if you want to speed through the cars, get on a race track.

10. Don't drink and drive. Too many lives are lost and you get to live because you are too drunk to feel anything.   My friends and family's lives are far more important than your need to drink and drive.


Yep, that's all I got!

No comments:

Post a Comment